Tuesday, October 19, 2010

New Toy: Polaroid 600SE

Anyone who is a regular reader of this blog will know that I have an unhealthy penchant for old cameras, especially ones of an instant nature. I’ve been longing after a particular camera, the Polaroid 600SE, for quite awhile and I recently lucky enough to pick one up online. I partly blame James Bowden for reigniting this idea with his great polaroid snaps that appear on the blog every now and then
However it was first triggered when I had my portrait taken by this chap in Damascus. I sadly haven’t got the Polaroid anymore more but I remember which had a lens cap with quarter removed this allowing him to take 4 separate images on one sheet – it gave a nice if slightly kitsch Martin Parr-esque portrait. Apart from one old packet of Polaroid I’ve only really had a chance to test it with Fuji’s own instant pack film. If anyone knows where’s a good place to pick them up the old film I’d love to hear from you. In the meantime respect to see some pics being posted it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

from the deepest depths of despair I leave this message...old cameras are not a substitute for fruit and vegetables...and stop dry-humping stationary objects, i want to see you fly, fly, fly.

Greg Funnell said...

Adam - we all know you bowed your head in it's presence (I've got the photo to prove it !)

Joe Harrison said...

another Polaroid ? you need help