Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Recent Tearsheets // HUCK // Boogie



When I got an email the other week asking me to spend an afternoon shadowing the legendary street photographer Boogie I was excited and rather nervous all at once. How do you go about shooting a street photographer shooting on the street? I knew it was going to be a tricky one. I decided that in order to be able to work quickly and discreetly it was best that I went lightweight and for that reason I opted to shoot the whole assignment with my Fuji x100s and my Fuji X-Pro1. This for me was a little bit of a gamble because although I shoot with them here and there on jobs I'd never gone on a job without a backup DSLR. They worked well though and apart from the odd missed-focus on the XPro-1, performed brilliantly. But enough of the camera geekery. It was great to spend an afternoon with Boogie and get the chance to see how he moves and shoots in his environment. You should check out Huck magazine and piece written by Rob Boffard for the full interview and examples of his work and if you're interested in learning more about the man himself then watch Cheryl Dunn's fantastic documentary on street photography - Everybody Street. You can purchase a copy on vimeo here




2 comments:

Eduardo Macarios said...

What câmera is he shooting with??

Greg Funnell said...

I think it was a Konica of some description...