Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Podcast: Well 'Worth' a listen

Photo: Jonathan Worth
The other day I had one of those classic internet moments which starts with you finding a thread and following it, and all its strands. Next thing you know you're knee deep in open browser tabs and two hours have disappeared into a virtual vortex. Now I'm going to inflict it on you. I was checking in on a photographers website that I noticed about a year ago, a chap called Jonathan Worth, when I noticed a large number of news stories about a new experiment he was conducting, in conjunction with the US author Cory Doctorow. Basically Jonathan was planning to give away his image for free under a creative commons license, whilst also selling limited edition versions of the print. This experiment lead to an interesting series of events including him being made a fellow at Royal Society of Arts. Anyway rather than me tell you about it this piece by foto8 explains it all very well. What I really wanted to bring to your attention is a podcast he did recently on the future of photography and new ways of thinking, it's well worth a listen (see what I did there...). You can find it here

No comments: